Dear TDC Familes, Happy Summer! We wish our families safe travels as they enjoy their summer adventures! Along with our frequent Facebook, Instagram (thedancecenter_TDC) and Twitter updates @TDC_Carmel, we wanted to publish a summer blog edition. This blog highlights include the following:
1) Registration/Wait-lists (classes begin August 3rd) 2) New Classes 3) Pointe Evaluations/Promotions/Fittings 4) Summer Classes/Private Lessons 5) Team Auditions/Choreography 6) Construction Update 7) TDC Warm-Up Jacket Orders (due July 10th, available to all TDC dancers)
Summer TDC News begins here …
1) Registration/Wait-lists: Ongoing registration continues to be an incredible success! Register now to ensure class choice. Class enrollment is limited to 10 dancers for the “Two’s, Too” and “Preschool Program” and 15 dancers (Kindergarden+) to ensure personalized, quality in-class instruction. If your dancer is currently wait-listed, we are working hard to open more classes to accommodate the dancers.
Our grand opening promo featuring free registration (use the code “FREE REGISTRATION”) runs through Aug. 1st. For assistance on placement and class suggestions, please contact Laura and Tia.
2) New Classes: Classes added include:
Tuesday 6:30-7:15 4th-7th Grade Musical Theater with Kieri Tuesday 7:15-8:30 8th-12th Grade Musical Theater with Kieri Friday 3:45 pm Beginning Hip-hop with Tori Tuesday 2:45 Kindergarden Program with Laura Tuesday 6:30 Advanced Intermediate Jazz with Laura Tuesday 7:30 Adult Tap (time shift) with Laura
3) Pointe Evaluations/Promotions/Fittings: Many of our newly promoted and returning pointe dancers were professionally fitted in their pointe shoes in mid-June and early-July. Pointe dancers have taken part in one of two successful rounds of personalized fittings with Tia at San Francisco Dancewear. If your dancer still needs her pointe shoes, please contact us so that we may assist you in scheduling a professional fitting in San Francisco–before classes begin August 3rd.
If a promotion to pointe is your dancer’s future goal, please book a private pointe consultation with Tia. We are excited to personally educate our families and prepare tailored strengthening and flexibility programs.
4) Summer Classes/Private Lessons: Dancers have continued to work throughout the summer with privately with Laura and Tia (assisted by our fabulous TDC summer intern Elise and skilled TDC instructor Hope), specifically focusing on intermediate/intermediate advanced jazz technique and intermediate ballet technique coupled with a July Pointe Class.
If your dancer is in-town for the month of July, please feel free to take these 1.5 hr. classes as single “drop-ins” ($24) at Go Figure Barre Studio (located in Carmel-by-the-Sea on Dolores between 7th and 8th)–one of our two temporary locations as we finish our facility’s construction.
Summer Ballet with Tia meets Tuesdays and Thursdays from 2-3:30 pm Summer Pointe with Tia meets Thursdays from 3:30-4:30 pm (pointe promotion required) Summer Jazz with Laura meets Fridays from 3-4:30 pm
5) Team Auditions/Choreography: 2015-16 Team TDC have strong rosters! This year, co-owner/artistic director Laura instructs the Mini, Junior, and Tap Teams while co-owner/artistic Tia instructs the Teen, Senior, and Ballet Teams. Laura and Tia are both working with dancers of all ages rehearsing mini, junior, teen, and senior solos, duos, and trios. Visiting choreographers are scheduled to arrive throughout the month of August to complete team choreography.
If your dancer may be interested in team, please contact us to schedule your private audition.
6) Construction Update: McNamee Construction and its skilled team have started the finishing stages of the build-out at Carmel Rancho. We can now envision the four completed studios with ample space to dance across-the-floor, floor-to-ceiling windows, and high ceilings. The high-quality plaster work by North County Plastering will be followed this week by highlights that ceiling grids, flooring, and the installation of our custom sprung floors. Stay up-to-date on our exciting progress by viewing our construction photos on Facebook and Instagram.
7) TDC Warm-up Jacket Orders: Our first round of jacket orders will be submitted on Monday morning, July 13th. Please order your dancer’s online. In addition to the warm-up jacket, our current logo wear collection includes 3 tank styles (including tiny tanks for our petite dancers), logo dance shorts, logo cinch backpacks complete with a separate shoe compartment, and BPA-free logo water bottles. These items (along with the jackets) are all available for online purchase and in-person delivery under www.dancecarmel.com’s “Merchandise” link. For jackets orders, please …
A) Visit our website at www.dancecarmel.com B) Click on “Merchandise” C) Select “TDC Female Jacket” or “TDC Male Jacket” D) Checkout your cart with preferred method of payment E) Receive your customized jacket in class (early August)
Marianne’s Creations, LLC has done an incredible job of helping us select a high-quality and stylish jacket and design a truly special piece for our logo wear collection.
Sizing: Some students currently attending our summer classes or private lessons have tried on sample sizes and selected their preferred jacket fit. We have recorded their sizes. If your dancer has not yet been fitted and would like a jacket, please still checkout online by Thursday night, July 9th, and we will contact you to set up a time to drop by our temporary locations (either Carmel Barre or Go Figure) and try on sizes.
Some parents have been wanting to purchase these jackets for themselves, and yes, we can accommodate you! The fit is similar to a Lululemon Define or Forme Jacket. We also have an economical parent heather-gray pullover arriving in a few weeks.
Characteristics/Customization Options: Dancers will be able to wear these durable, high-quality gray motion flex jackets (with features like side pockets, thumb holes, zipper garages, and brushed fleece inside) any time.
A) Please email us if you would like a different first name to appear on the jacket other than that which is recorded in the dancer’s class registration.
B) The customization option will appear under the dancer’s name as either “TDC Dancer” or “Team TDC”. The default customization of jackets for team members will be “Team TDC” or “TDC Dancer” –if the dancer is not currently a team member. Please specify by email by Thursday, July 9th.
Example: Laura Team TDC
Laura TDC Dancer
Below are pictures of a TDC dancer trying on a sample size as well as a proof of the back (please imagine the Swarovski rhinestones are symmetrical). The dancer’s name will appear on the left chest with silver embroidery, and “Team TDC” or “TDC Dancer” will be embroidered in turquoise thread below the dancer’s name.
Cost: The cost of the jacket, labor, Swarovski rhinestones, materials, shipping, and tax (for our female dancers). Male jackets are listed separately under “merchandise”. We encourage our growing dancers to please size up.
We look forward to the first round of jacket orders arriving in early August!
With Love and Appreciation, Laura and Tia
Sample Jacket Back (without embroidery)
Sample jacket (without embroidery)
Mock-up of the back (female)
Mock-up of back (male without rhinestones)
0 views0 comments