Tips for success:
1) Do NOT wait until “the week of” to purchase your tights and double-check you have the correct shoes. It is also recommended to check that you have received all costumes and they still fit.
2) Arrive 20 minutes before your photo time READY (see hair/make-up tights below)/ class photos will not be delayed or retaken for late/missing students
3) Wait outside for your child after group photos (studio 5)
4) Walk them to solo shots wait outside (studio 1) only after ALL your group shots are done
5) Use the “changing tents” in the courtyard and the public restrooms under Wells Fargo– the studio will be locked as live photography is occurring.
6) 2’s, Too! classes will not perform in recital but are welcome to take group photos and dress as creatively as they wish with their ballet shoes on.
Photo Shoot & Recital Hair:
All Preschool and Kinder Classes – Hair half up half down with the provided hair piece.
Preschool/Kinder Acro Classes – Low ponytail
All Classes Levels Beginning – Advanced – Low Bun (No Hair Pieces)
Beg Acro/Cheer - In low bun
No headpieces are worn for photos or recital except for Kinder and Preschool classes.
Photo Shoot/Recital Makeup:
Preschool and Kinder Program: Makeup NOT NECESSARY
All beginning levels and up require “light” makeup
– brown tone / neutral eye shadow
– lipstick (wine or merlot in color)
Please use your team makeup, eyelashes are not necessary for photos.
Photo Shoot/Recital Tights and Shoes
(ALL DANCERS BE SURE TO REMOVE ALL STICKERS AND TAGS FROM SHOES- TAP, BALLET, POINTE, ETC.)
(All shoes and tights are “in stock” at Zearly, in the Crossroads- open 10 am-6 pm, 7 days a week):
– ALL TAP –
1. If your tap costume is a DRESS: black endura adapt-a-toe tights
2. If your tap costume is PANTS: wear black high socks under to cover your ankle.
3. Tap as part of Tap/Jazz/Contemp (11-12:30 Saturday) please wear endura adapt-a-toe light tan tights.
All Preschool: Tights included with costume, Ballet Shoes for photos, BLACK tap shoes for recital
Preschool Acro/Jazz: No Tights, Barefoot
All Kinder Ballet/Tap: Pink tights included with costume, boys wear BLACK socks with BLACK ballet shoes for pictures and BLACK socks with BLACK tap shoes for RECITAL
Wear Ballet Shoes to photos with given tights. FOR RECITAL BALLET AND TAP SHOES WILL BE USED.
Kinder Contemporary/Jazz: wear tan jazz shoes for girls and black jazz shoes for Kinder boys.
GIRLS- wear given endura light tan footed tights with tan jazz shoes, BOYS black jazz shoes with black socks no tights
Kinder Jazz / Acro: No tights, barefoot
Sat. 11 am Beg/Adv Beg Tap, Jazz, & Contemporary: Bloch Endura Adaptatoe, “light tan” tights with TAN Leather Jazz Shoes/BLACK Jazz Shoes with black socks for BOYS for pictures and for the recital, ALL bring tap shoes too)
All Jazz Levels Beg. & up: Bloch Endura Adaptatoe, “light tan” tights with TAN Leather Jazz Shoes (boys=if pants black jazz shoes, shorts tan jazz shoes)
All Contemporary Levels Beg. & up: Bloch Endura “light tan” Adaptatoe or FOOTLESS- if adapt-a-toe roll under to calve height or footless light tan tights or Endura Footless, light tan tights / Contemporary Half Caps, boys = barefoot
Teen/Tween Contemporary/Jazz: contemporary/jazz adapatoe Bloch “endura light tan” tights and wear contemporary caps and tights rolled under for pictures at calf; however: for the recital, wear jazz shoes and tights pulled over foot
Beginning Ballet through Ballet 1/2: Bloch “Pink” Endura-footed or Adapt A Toe Tights, PINK ballet shoes
Ballet 2 and Up & Teen/Tween Ballet/all pointe: Capezio Mesh Ballet Pink Transition Tight “Ballet Pink” w/ mock seam, pink ballet shoes
All Hip Hop Beg & Up: No tights, hip hop shoes as required for class (color of your choice) low socks not showing above the shoe
All Acro Levels: No tights, barefoot
All Musical Theater:
MT Boys: grades K-5 BOYS BLACK jazz shoes w black socks
MT Girls Grade K-5: TAN Jazz Shoes Bloch Endura, “light tan”, Adapt-a-toe tights
MT Teen Girls 9th-12th: character shoes you currently own, Bloch Endura, “light tan,” Adapt-a-toe tights
MT Tween Girls Gr. 6-8th: character shoes (as previously discussed w Kieri), Bloch Endura, “light tan,” Adapt-a-toe tights
MT Boys 6-12th Gr. : Refer to in-class directions by Mrs. Kieri
ALL TEAMS: Shoes & Tights/or no tights exactly as required for competition for your piece identified for photos/or recital
All Cheer & Pom: Shoes as required for class.